About Us

My photo
"A choppy sea can be navigated." "He moana pukepuke e ekengia e te waka."

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

PAM

Why I do not support the spraying


I am going to tell you why I think aerial spraying for PAM is wrong.

There are still thousands of PAM caterpillars left and MAF is having to increase the spray zone from 600 hectares to 10,000 hectares. Shaun a boy who lives in the spray zone said “It’s not working because they have to keep making the spray zone bigger and bigger.” All MAF seem to be doing is chasing the moth.

Secondly people are getting sick. People with an allergy are effected the most but even people without an allergy have been getting asthma, diarrhoea, nausea and bleeding noses.

There are other ways to get rid of the painted apple moth (also known as PAM) like ground spraying on low bush areas and around towns. MAF could teach people what to look for and how to get rid of them even by paying kids to collect PAM caterpillars.

So that is why I think there is a better alternative to aerial spraying and why I think it should stop.

By Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment