About Us

My photo
"A choppy sea can be navigated." "He moana pukepuke e ekengia e te waka."

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Solar Power

SOLAR POWER

The Sun.  It gives us light, heat and even electricity!  I’m here to tell you why I love solar power.

It’s free!  Yes Siri it doesn’t cost a penny.  All you have to pay for is the panels or tubes(I’ll tell you more about them soon).

Best of all it doesn’t give off greenhouse gas.  Greenhouse gas is caused by smoke from fossil fuels and other polluting smoke.

There are two ways to get SOLAR POWER!  One: Photovoltaic cells.  The cells are put on your roof in a direction so that they get the most sun to create electricity and hooked up to your power supply.  Two: Either water or glycol runs through the solar tubes and that goes in your water cylinder or glycol runs through tubes and around your water tank and heats the water.  At my house we have water tubes on our roof!  So I’ve had solar showers.

We may not know how to store solar power yet and it’s not all the time e.g. when the Sun doesn’t shine.  I still think it is the best source of renewable energy EVER!


By Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment